November 2019 E-News
Call for Presenters - ABNS Spring Conference
ABNS is looking for presenters for our 2020 spring conference. Who better to ask than our high performing members! We are requesting a 20-30 minute quick session, highlighting the good work you have done in your organizations. To submit, review this PDF submission file, complete the form, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019. Selected presenters will be notified by January 15, 2020.
ABNS Call for Board Nominations
The American Board of Nursing Specialties is seeking nominations for the positions noted below. The vote will take place at the upcoming ABNS Spring Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, see announcement below or http://www.nursingcertification.org/spring2020. Successful candidates will begin their terms in July 2020.
- To be eligible for an elected position on the Board of Directors, an individual must be a Regular Member representative to ABNS at the time of election and continue to serve their full terms of office with ABNS even though they may no longer be the designated representative of their Regular Member organizations.
- Members of the Board of Directors may not continue to serve as Regular Member representatives of their organizations. The Regular Member organization previously represented by the Board member must name a new representative to the Assembly.
- All candidates for positions on the Board of Directors shall have attended at least one ABNS Assembly meeting within the 2 year period prior to election.
- Each Regular Member organization may have no more than one representative serving on the Board of Directors at the same time and shall serve more than two consecutive terms in the position.
- Self nominations are encouraged. Submit your nomination by completing this form and returning it to the ABNS Executive Office, email@example.com, on or before December 21, 2020.
- Nominees will be notified by the Nominations and Election Committee and will give their permission to be placed on the slate.
- The Nominations and Election Committee will verify the eligibility of candidates prior to preparing the final slate.
Duties of the Secretary/Treasurer
- The Secretary/Treasurer shall: Ensure that records of meetings of the ABNS Assembly and the Board of Directors are maintained.
- Provide oversight of investment policy 6.1 and for distribution of: meeting minutes to member representatives within 30 days of approval.
- Ensure that all monies and fiscal records are maintained.
- Provide oversight for the fiscal affairs of ABNS, including receipt and disbursement of funds.
- Ensure that audits/reviews are performed, and that relevant tax and other reports are filed.
- Ensure that a Directors and Officers liability insurance policy is maintained.
- Sign checks payable to the CEO, sign checks in the absence of the CEO, and countersign checks over the designated limit.
- Provide reports and interpretations of the financial condition of ABNS to the Board of Directors and Assembly.
- Serve as Chair of the Finance Committee.
- Develop and recommend an annual operating budget to the Board of Directors, in collaboration with the CEO and Finance Committee.
- Perform other duties applicable to the office and as assigned by the President.
Duties of the Nominating Committee
- To prepare the election slate with qualified candidates and to conduct elections during meetings.
ABNS Spring Conference
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel ~ March 5 - 7, 2020 ~ Atlanta, Georgia
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
165 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30303
Reserve your guest room online
Guest Reservations and Room Rates
Contact the hotel at 404-659-6500, and mention the ABNS Spring Conference, or reserve your guest room online to receive the following group rates:
- $139 per night Single/Double
- Rates do not include applicable state and local taxes, currently 16.9%
The group rate is available until central time on February 20 or when rooms sell out. All reservations must be guaranteed by a credit card. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at the hotel’s prevailing rates.
Click here to register online or download a pdf.
- Regular or Affiliate Member (first or second attendee): $450
- Regular or Affiliate Member (additional attendee(s) after 2): $400
- Auditor (individuals whose organizations are not ABNS members): $600
Select your sponsorship online. For additional information or for sponsorship opportunities not listed below, contact Robert Ranieri, ABNS Account Manager at 205-795-7127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday/Saturday AM/PM Break: $2,000.00 per break
- Friday/Saturday Breakfast: $3,000.00 per day
- Friday Welcome Reception: $3,750.00
- Friday Lunch: $4,200.00
Refunds due to cancellation will be processed as follows:
- Through February 20: 90% of registration fees.
- Beginning February 21: No refund due to cancellation.
(subject to change)
|9am - 5pm
||Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification, Inc. Meeting (for elected Board members)
|7:45am - 9am
|8am - 12noon
|10am - 10:30am
|12noon - 1:30pm
|1:30pm - 5pm
|3pm - 3:30pm
|5:30pm - 6:30pm
|7:30am - 8:30am
|8:30am - 12noon
|10am - 10:30am
Sandra Lee Schafer Research Grant
Online applications for the Sandra Lee Schafer Research Grant will be open from January 1, 2020 until June 1, 2020. The link to the online application will be available soon. The proposed research must intend to demonstrate a relationship between positive patient outcomes and care delivered by certified nurses. Though the primary investigator need not represent a organization which is a member of ABNS, a member of the research team must represent an ABNS member organization. A grant of a maximum of $5,000 will be given to defray the costs of the research project. Watch for further information at the ABSNC and ABNS websites.
The American Board of Nursing Specialties wishes you, your friends, family and loved ones a happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday!
Do you have an update? Information that may be beneficial to your fellow members? If so, email us and let us know what you'd like to have posted here about you or your organization!
Follow ABNS on Facebook
American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS)
3416 Primm Lane
Birmingham, AL 35216 USA