ABNS, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is an organization comprised of organizations focused on improving patient outcomes and public protection by promoting specialty nursing certification. ABNS member organizations represent over 800,000 certified registered nurses, advanced practice registered nurses, and non RN nursing team members worldwide. We have a strong, unified voice with regulators, employers and the public. Becoming an ABNS member is the best way to connect with other nursing credentialing organizations and dialogue about the specific issues about nursing certification. ABNS has three categories of membership:
- Regular Members are specialty nursing organizations that certify registered nurses. Regular Member organizations are allowed one vote at Assembly Meetings. Additional representatives may attend participants. Representatives of Regular Member organizations are eligible for office and for committee assignments. Accreditation of certification examinations by the American Board for Specialty Nursing Certification, Inc. (ABSNC) is not required for membership in ABNS.
- Affiliate Members are not-for-profit and for-profit organizations that have an interest in the promotion of specialty nursing certification, for example, testing vendors;
- Public members serve as representatives of health care consumers to ABNS and the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification, Inc. (ABSNC). Public members are appointed by the Board of Directors.
For a list of organizations in each member category with their email and web site contact information, visit the Membership Directory section.
Membership Application Forms
Click on the appropriate membership category for a printable application form:
ABNS does not accept credit cards. Mail your completed application form and check made payable to ABNS to:
3416 Primm Lane
Birmingham, AL 35216
If you have any questions, contact ABNS at (205) 795-7127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Membership
Our members consistently identify the following benefits of ABNS membership:
- Being part of a network of national nursing leaders and testing experts in the certification/licensure arena to discuss issues impacting nursing certification;
- Ability to attend twice yearly Assembly meetings and educational events on a wide variety of credentialing topics and exposure to leading international speakers and experts;
- Connecting with multidisciplinary certification experts to create and deliver quality certification programs;
- Opportunity to participate in the identification of a national research agenda leading to collaborative research initiatives with other member organizations;
- Enjoying a collaborative relationship with other nursing certifying organizations and partnering in campaigns that a single organization might not be able to afford;
- Opportunity to pose questions of our colleagues on the ABNS professional networking and communicate though online forums;
- Unite our collective voices to communicate the value of specialty nursing certification to multiple stakeholders.
|Dues if joining in:
||Regular Member Organizations
||Affiliate Member Organizations
(July through September)
| 2nd Quarter
(October through December)
(January through March)
(April through June)